What's new
Revillution - Your Portal to Video Game and Content Creation Entertainment | Gaming Forums

You are currently viewing as a Guest! Why not take a moment to Register an account & log in to gain the full browsing experience. Members get access to a private inbox, ability to post messages on the forums, add their stream to the stream showcase, add images & videos to the gallery & much more.

Who has tried to sell hosting?

468 x 60 Advertising

jyy

RevBux
$0
Myself, I'd rather not bother with it. In fact, it's grounds for lawsuits, all sorts of trouble. I mean, it's a tough business - and if you don't have a lot of capital and a good plan, I think it would tank.

Well, the problem is that now - as with many other niches, there is simply too much saturation. In that case, as hinted at, a lot of capital is needed for ads, ads needed to "rise above the crowd".

O.K., I am being a bit hypocritical about this. I have sacrificed for "another niche". In fact, If someone did want to "go all out" for hosting, I'd applaud that person. However, though, I simply am not interested in putting my efforts toward hosting, as opposed to "my passion".

I've seriously thought about it a few times but I've never gone ahead with it. It's just not worth it anymore because of how many hosting sites there are out there. You can't compete with the big boys nowadays either.

Hiya everyone, many of these things are not nearly as truthful...

For the facts about lawsuits, think about it like a landlord. Are you liable for the units you lease out akin to leasing out hosting accounts? Generally speaking you are not until the very second you are made aware of breaches and/or obvious legal issues. Only then as a hosting provider are you responsible at this point to getting it reported/dealt with accordingly.

Just like how most landlords don't have attorneys on a retainer even, you generally don't need a "hot" legal department to run a small provider business. Generally speaking just be a sane law obeying citizen and business person and you should have very little if any issues with the laws. Even if you get a "few" unintentional bad apples.

Secondarily while a sane amount of "seed" money is required, that far from needing a loan from your local bank/credit union if planned properly. I have a full blown infrastructure and licenses to pay and well south of 100 bucks a month. Even my website template and trade name didn't tilt the meter that much. While it's far from a "full blown" provider deployment and further investments are in order as the business matures, I didn't needed not even 100's to get started left alone thousands.

If there anything critical that nobody tends to mentions it's having a good network and connections with people that makes or break a business.

as with many other niches, there is simply too much saturation.
Anyone who thinks this as yourself mentioned is not worth going into. Saturation while something to be aware of doesn't means the business is doomed from day one. It just may be more demanding and commitments required to tell yourself apart.

And yes I actually means yourself as a personal and individual standpoint. Not even GoDaddy can compete with this given that all of us are difference and we can put them to the best alignments to maximize ours as well as our clients' successes. Thereby if given enough time, efforts and commitments such a business can indeed make it's worth it's while.

Secondarily while a sane amount of "seed" money is required, that far from needing a loan from your local bank/credit union if planned properly. I have a full blown infrastructure and licenses to pay and well south of 100 bucks a month. Even my website template and trade name didn't tilt the meter that much. While it's far from a "full blown" provider deployment and further investments are in order as the business matures, I didn't needed not even 100's to get started left alone thousands.
If you are purchasing shared hosting then the fees are similar to 100 dollars a month, it needs someone to be a billionaire to afford these costs.

Back