What's new
Revillution - Your Portal to Video Game and Content Creation Entertainment | Gaming Forums

You are currently viewing as a Guest! Why not take a moment to Register an account & log in to gain the full browsing experience. Members get access to a private inbox, ability to post messages on the forums, add their stream to the stream showcase, add images & videos to the gallery & much more.

Twitch When it comes to watching content, do you prefer 30 or 60 FPS?

468 x 60 Advertising

HEYITSTERRY

Verified
RevBux
$0
I’ve always had the mind set that when it comes to interactive content, the higher the frame rate the better for a smoother gaming experience. It’s safe to say thats the way a vast majority of gamers out there feel as well.

But when it comes to tv and movies, it’s all shot at either 24 or 30 FPS. It has a realistic amount of motion blur, and looks pleasing to the eye as well.

Since watching streams isn’t “interactive” content in the sense that the viewer isn’t interacting with the action on screen, I’ve always preferred 30fps streams over 60.

Anyone else feel this way? I really only stream at 60fps because everyone else does these days and it’s kind of the new “standard”.

Would love to hear what y’all have to say!

I stream at 720p60, have done since I was on Mixer because of Mixer's interactive nature and FTL. Twitch has a slight delay but it's not terrible, however, I don't feel the need to drop it to 720p30. Either is fine, depending on what's being streamed IMHO. A more fast paced game like an FPS would benefit more on 60FPS.

I think it depends on the type of games you're streaming/watching. Something slower/less movement such Hearthstone, Spires, or another type of card game (or 4X game) and 30 fps would be fine. But if you have a lot of movement with platformers, or FPS games then the 60 fps is really kinda needed.

Yeah depends on the game for me as well. For popular games that are rpg open world with stunning graphics be awesome to see at 60fps but 30fps does just fine if the 60 not available.

60fps is really the sweet spot for a wide range of games. Add into the fact keeping resolution around 720 or even 900p helps out your viewers that might be watching via their mobile devices.

Back