What's new
Revillution - Your portal to entertainment!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, promote your site and/or stream, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Click here to register today!

Thoughts on handheld gaming?

Smokey

Founder/C.E.O
Administrator
So recently, I ordered a Pocket Go, which is an emulation handheld, I made a thread about this already, but it got me thinking. While mine hasn't arrived yet, is handheld gaming dead? or is it very much alive and well? What are your stances on gaming handhelds like the 3DS, gameboy, pocket go, PS Vita? Are you against them? do you like them? What are your overall experiences with handheld gaming?

I've always owned a gameboy growing up, I also had a game gear, and then later got a PSP and it's subsequent releases (2000, 3000,etc) and enjoyed it. I was excited for the PS Vita and when it started to die off, that made me think. Is handheld gaming going the way of the dinosaur? I know the Switch is Nintendo's answer and successor to the 3DS and PS Vita, and it's doing well, but what do you think about other devices? Does something like Bittboy's Pocket Go have a place in the market for retro classics on the go?

Juneberry

I've always liked handheld gaming. I had a GBC early in life, followed by the GBA, it's successor the GBASP, and pretty much every other Nintendo handheld after. My only complaint is my 3DS being broken, held together by a single wire... but somehow still turning on and working. I don't have any recent handheld devices past this, however- but I had a special thing from Sega, if I recall correctly, that turned the genesis into a portable, handheld device. I also had an original PSP before I had any other Playstation gaming system.

Basically, I've always loved taking my games with me when I can. My dad had a number of them to play with me, mostly Nintendo. x3

Smokey

Founder/C.E.O
Administrator
Ah yes the Sega Nomad, the portable that played Genesis cartridges on the go. :p I had a Game Gear, never had a Nomad.

SpookyZalost

Sega nomad + LCD upgrade = Epic!

I had a GBA growing up alongside my genesis, saturn, and gamecube :p
played a lot of pokemon crystal.
later I got a PSP 2000, did you know you can make ISO's of PS1 games and run a batch script to play them on PSP?!
apparently they're mostly natively supported lol.

finally I got a 3DS, I love my 3DS, it's a 3D camera, and it's a steroscopic 3D screen without glasses!
I got it for sonic, lately though I've been playing Shantae on it :p.

Naiwen

The only one I have is the Game Boy Advance and it’s still mint new.