What's new
Revillution - Your Portal to Video Game and Content Creation Entertainment | Gaming Forums

You are currently viewing as a Guest! Why not take a moment to Register an account & log in to gain the full browsing experience. Members get access to a private inbox, ability to post messages on the forums, add their stream to the stream showcase, add images & videos to the gallery & much more.

Trovo Thought on streamers dropping Elixir and Mana on themselves?

468 x 60 Advertising

Shortie

Smokey's Baby Girl <3
Administrator
RevBux
$1,138
Epic Creator Code
Shortie861
So something that I have noticed a lot of on Trovo is that streamers do tend to drop both Mana and Elixir on themselves. From what I understand and have heard, this is actually frowned up on, on Trovo and can lead to a ban but I am not sure whether they act on it. The fact that streamers have the ability to be able to drop Mana and Elixir on themselves I am pretty sure is an easy fix for Trovo, it's just a case of them fixing it.

If I remember rightly on Mixer you were unable to drop sparks and embers on yourself as a streamer and I know on Twitch you are unable to drop Bits and Channel Points on yourself.

What are your thoughts on streamers dropping Mana and Elixir on themselves and have you done this yourself?

I think it's kinda scummy and shouldn't be allowed. Trovo definitely should fix it ASAP. It sounds like it'd only be a few lines of code to fix too, but then again, I don't know for sure. I would like to think it wouldn't be too difficult to fix though, if other platforms were able to figure it out :p

I've only done this once or twice and that was during a stream to show off an alert function that had just set up.

This is understandable if you are wanting to test something and need to do this to test something. I see some people dropping thousands on themselves which I feel is too far and there should be a fix for that or some kind of prevention for that.

I agree, unless using it to demonstrate something I feel like they could be dropping that mana on their friend's streams.

It is hit or miss, most people I know will drop on themselves to reach the rocket. Or often I have noticed that they will win a box of elixir on themselves so they can reach the payout thresh hold. It is a poor taste sort of thing due to having the ability to support your friends and shows a bit of greediness I do agree. As far as being a ban worth thing, it is frowned at however if the account is verified it is technical within tos due to being your own money or mana. What gets you in trouble is most people farm with a bot and then spam... Trovo watches and will ban farm accounts.

I think it's an abuse of a system mechanic and they (Trovo) should figure out how to stop it if they haven't already. It's one thing to test things, but you can do that with various bots that are out there. It's bad enough when you bot your channel, but then to artificially cheat yourself with things like that? C'mon, just do the thing the way your supposed to do the thing!

On Mixer you could use sparks on yourself but it didn't count toward anything. I wouldn't be opposed to that implementation... but this does drain Mana from the streamer. Another implementation could be to allow Mana driven things to be free for the streamer in their channel. Same net effect and it doesn't drain the streamers mana.

As for Elixir, if you really want to spend 100 to get 1/2 as much back in gems... that's your currency to waste. I'm not really opposed being able to do this.
If someone wins 500 Elixir and wants to spend it in their channel to apply 250 gems toward a payout... more power to them. Just don't let it count toward other things. The other implementation for this is the same as the one for Mana. Make all Elixir driven things free for the streamer in their channel.

Back