What's new
Revillution - Your portal to entertainment! | Gaming Forums

You are currently viewing as a Guest! Why not take a moment to Register an account & log in to gain the full browsing experience. Members get access to a private inbox, ability to post messages on the forums, add their stream to the stream showcase, add images & videos to the gallery & much more.

Super Smash Bros Creator Masahiro Sakurai Announces YouTube Channel

The Super Smash Bros creator revealed on Twitter that he is now a YouTuber. The channel name is “Masahiro Sakurai on Creating Games.”

Sakurai explains he won't be streaming any games on the channel, but will be discussing topics like game dev, and what makes video games fun.

“I’m often asked to give lectures at game development schools, and while I think it’s a great idea, such presentations can only reach so many people.” He continues, “I’ve also realized that developer conferences like GDC or CEDEC, while good for technical concepts aren’t always the best forums for discussing design theory.”
He mentioned keeping his videos short in between 2-5 minutes long, and the channel is his personal project so he will not be making money off of this. He'll have both Japanese and English versions of his videos on the YouTube channel. He also will show off Super Smash Bros dev builds and design documents he wrote himself. He has to run the idea by Nintendo before he can do that, though.

He hopes to educate viewers on how game dev works as well as inspire others. The channel is open to all regardless on if you're in the gaming business or not.

You can find the English channel here

Last edited by a moderator: