What's new

Streaming and editing content to YouTube

PanduhKingTV

Partner
Partner
RevBux
$274
So, I have recently started uploading to YouTube and I know a lot of creators edit down their 8 hours streams or so and upload them to YouTube. my question is what do you decide is YouTube worthy. for example ive just completed a resident evil biohazard play through over on my stream and I have it in 2 parts about 8 hours long total (edited) I am planning on uploading them in 2 parts as a watch experience as I like the live aspect as we go from start of the game to finish rather than chop and chase bits and get confused with the story.

How do you upload content to youtube that you already did on stream? what ideas do you have for editing, or cutting down videos to make then 10-45m friendly and what do you do that you upload? I don't really like the idea of just editing down a stream and uploading it.. kinda what VODS are for I want the youtube videos to have a purpose, in this case it was playing RE

Shortie

Smokey's Baby Girl <3
Administrator
RevBux
$465
Epic Creator Code
Shortie861
I am often curious about what other YouTube creators decide is YouTube worthy if I am honest. I tend to upload my whole VOD if it is less than 4 hours straight to YouTube and any clips created from my streams I used for either TikTok or YouTube. Would be awesome to hear other YouTube creators input though on this.

PanduhKingTV

Partner
Partner
RevBux
$274
I am often curious about what other YouTube creators decide is YouTube worthy if I am honest. I tend to upload my whole VOD if it is less than 4 hours straight to YouTube and any clips created from my streams I used for either TikTok or YouTube. Would be awesome to hear other YouTube creators input though on this.
I have considered the VODS and clips but then I also feel its better to make them into compilations rather than smaller clips idk. uploading clips to TIKTOK is a good idea i just never get round to doing it, the only VOD ive uploaded is my resident evil playthrough

2TonWaffle

Partner
Partner
RevBux
$745
For what kind of material you want from a many hour long stream, I think what should focus on is probably the storyline elements of your play sessions. Cut the bits of you wondering around the maps looking for things or fighting off the mobs. You can craft them into chapters while keeping the video run time under 10-40 minutes. Another thing is you could during your play session is think about the video you want. Will you try spending the night collecting lore or fighting zombies with only the pistol. Try to write down different ideas of content you can do, even write down the ones you think are dumb.

PanduhKingTV

Partner
Partner
RevBux
$274
Thanks for the response, that actually makes a lot of sense and is a good idea. I guess I might kind of story board my videos and see what route I want to take.