What's new
Revillution - Your Portal to Video Game and Content Creation Entertainment | Gaming Forums

You are currently viewing as a Guest! Why not take a moment to Register an account & log in to gain the full browsing experience. Members get access to a private inbox, ability to post messages on the forums, add their stream to the stream showcase, add images & videos to the gallery & much more.

Starting out with live streaming

468 x 60 Advertising

Bawse

RevBux
$323
What are some things you should know before starting to use live streaming services?

What do you use when you stream live?

One of the main things to know about live streaming before you jump into it is that it is not something that will make you success over night and it could take months or years if you are looking to make a living streaming. You will be surprised at how many people jump to streaming thinking they will make a living within weeks and when they don't, they give up.

When streaming you can either stream directly through your Xbox or PlayStation to Twitch or if you have a strong enough PC, you can use OBS which is the most popular live streaming software,

If you stream through your Xbox or PlayStation and you are looking to have some kind of alerts, LightStream is great and works really well for all kinds of alerts. It does have a monthly fee but if you are serious about streaming, that monthly fee is very much worth it :) you can find out more about LightStream here

If you stream through your PC using OBS, you will need a capture card if you are playing games on a console, PC games you will be able to capture without a capture card. AverMedia or Elgato are great companies for capture cards.

For alerts to use on OBS, you can find them at StreamLabs or StreamElements which are two great places. PixelChat is also another great place to look for alerts and such for your streams too :)

You will be surprised at how many people jump to streaming thinking they will make a living within weeks and when they don't, they give up.
It's the sole reason why I don't stream anymore, I hate streaming to an empty room. However the last time I streamed to Twitch I had a few people that watched. But there were often times when no one was there and it started feeling like a job so I quit streaming.

Back