What's new
Revillution - Your Portal to Video Game and Content Creation Entertainment | Gaming Forums

You are currently viewing as a Guest! Why not take a moment to Register an account & log in to gain the full browsing experience. Members get access to a private inbox, ability to post messages on the forums, add their stream to the stream showcase, add images & videos to the gallery & much more.

Remembering past forums?

468 x 60 Advertising

Smokey

Founder
Administrator
RevBux
$1,441
We've all been on forums for some time now. Do you have any specific forums that you used to frequent that are either no longer around, or not the same as they once were?

If so, which are they? I got a whole list of forums I used to frequent regularly but no longer exist in 2019.

GameShark Boards
Codes Unlimited - Which was my site & forums that I ran from 2002-2007. - We always ran IPB from 1.1 up til 2.2 or 2.3 i believe.
The Zero Boards - A cool little forum ran on InvisionFree.
CMGSCCC - CMX's site before it became the terrible site up today known as Codetwink. This was where I first experienced the vBulletin software. I think it ran version 2 when I initially found it and it's subsequent v3 versions.
HellsFunnyBone - A site ran by GameShark moderator at the time, Devils Advocate, a really cool forum to be a part of. A heavily modded IPB 1.3.1 forum.
KoolZone - A site that popped up by some other GS members that was a heavily modified IPB 1.3.1 system that was rebuilt and made to resemble IGNBoards/the old GameShark boards seen above in this post.
CodeJunkies Forums - The official forum for the Datel Action Replay when old interact code hackers moved over to work with Datel and their device when Madcatz bought out GameShark.
Chat Addicts - A general chat forum that I hold dear to me. It was a random forum I found back in 2009 and where I met the love of my life @Shortie, she was the owner/founder of this forum and I enjoyed my time there. :) If I hadn't registered on that day back in 2009, I probably would've never met my future wife/best friend, who is now an amazing streamer on Mixer.
Nucleus (the original) - Nucleus or NCS for short was a forum I frequented in 2004, it was ran by an IGN user by the name of Eshold and ran a modified version of DiscoBoards dubbed Nucleus Boards.
SnWo - Sharkers New World Order! - Ah yes, SnWo! was a fun general chat forum by @pittstonjoma ! One of the many forums under the Krahs-Emag umbrella and one of Codes Unlimited's oldest affiliates.
MHI/White Raven - Mad Hatter Inc/White Raven was a forum by Bebopman also hosted under the Krahs Emag umbrella and where the popular "Darkside" theme was born. Theme originally by Tarlster for iPB 1.x
Krahs-Emag - Psst, it's GameShark backwards! Krahs-Emag was ran by Trel, a popular VIP turned Mod on the old GameShark boards. If it wasn't for this man, I probably never would've started running forums regularly. He gave me my first footing into running a self-hosted solution. He provided a host for many of us back in the day, all for free.

I'm sure i'm missing a bunch of other forums I can't think of right now, but this is just a thread to reminisce about old forums we used to frequent that are no longer with us. Codes Unlimited was my baby, it was made possible because of Trel and Krahs-Emag and you can look at it as a precursor to Revillution. :) Do you know of any forums you miss dearly? Post their names here and let's chat about them! :)

The main one that I used to frequent the most was Gaming Update. It started out on UBB (Ultimate Bulletin Board) and later moved to vBulletin 2 & 3.

It was infamous for it's green coloured designs.. 😆

Back