What's new
Revillution - Your portal to entertainment!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, promote your site and/or stream, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Click here to register today!

Drag to reposition cover

Play-Asia lists Playstation 5 pre-order at astronomical price.

Popular online asian video game retailer has listed the pre-order for the upcoming Playstation 5 hardware at an astronomical price. According to the pre-order page, the price of the upcoming console is going to be a staggering $699.99 USD. A $700 console in 2020? We're pretty sure it's just a placeholder, but what if the console does indeed launch at that? Sony got backlash for the PS3 being $599 back in 2006. Now if they release the PS5 at $699, I don't see them succeeding this upcoming generation. Yes there is an all-digital edition that could be significantly cheaper and more affordable, but not everyone is ready for the all-digital age. What are your thoughts? Are you willing to drop $700 on the Playstation 5 with a disc drive?

It's also important to note that the all-digital model is also listed at $699.99 USD, which makes no sense. We're pretty certain the model without a disc drive will be at least a little cheaper, so take this all with a grain of salt. What do you think?

PS5_Playasia_US_700dollars.PNG

Sound off in the comments below.

Source - Playstation 5 at Play-Asia.com

Smokey

Comments

I saw something similar. Amazon UK has a placeholder for the PS5 and it's listed at £599.99 which is currently around $750.00 USD.
I think it's a placeholder price as well but now that's two different stores with a similar price. Microsoft usually puts their placeholder prices around $2000.00 or more so people know it's a fake price.