What's new
Revillution - Your Portal to Video Game and Content Creation Entertainment | Gaming Forums

You are currently viewing as a Guest! Why not take a moment to Register an account & log in to gain the full browsing experience. Members get access to a private inbox, ability to post messages on the forums, add their stream to the stream showcase, add images & videos to the gallery & much more.

Monstercat Removing Traces of Mess

468 x 60 Advertising

2TonWaffle

Partner
Partner
RevBux
$1,869
The recent mess that Monstercat found itself in a little bit of hot water with streamer twitter. They announced along with Twitch that there would be a fast track towards gaining affiliate status by paying for Monstercat Gold. Now they've removed any and all mentions of this from its site as seen with the following.

Monstercat Backtrack.png

Good, it was a really stupid idea and devalued the point of being affiliate. Affiliate status is piss easy to obtain anyway, and being able to buy it, just makes it even less valuable IMO.

I mean it's yet another example of high level executives and the c-level thinking that they know what us little people want and they never listen to the people within their own departments. Twitch is continuing to stumble over itself into the end of 2020 and even into the beginning of 2021.

I am glad this fell through if I am honest, made no sense and was just a "valuable perk" to force a purchase
Exactly dude! and it completely devalues being an affiliate IMO. Some people struggled to get theirs, and it's a huge slap in the face to them if someone cam just sign up on Twitch and for Monstercat & be an affiliate automatically from day one. Plus, it's like paying to earn money lmfao.

Truthfully like Mixer had towards the end Twitch should have for everyone to be able to earn money minus the 24 hour exclusivity clause.
To he honest I think a lot of streaming platforms are doing this.. Glimesh for example u can make money from day 1 and I think they take far less of a cut. twitch takes 50/50 and its disgusting AND they make revinue from bits.. ONLY reason I am on twitch is because its the "dominant" platform

Glimesh also does a 50/50 but they absorb the fees from their take and payout weekly. I treat Twitch as just this fun thing to stream too, especially after their continue mistakes they've been doing as of late. I can't really take their company seriously anymore.

ah my bad I thought glimesh had a smaller cut. I agree, I am not sure if they take themselves seriously anymore.. even down to things like mixer they had (that thing that helped u stay at a better stable bitrate to give a better stream quality) i can't remember what its called but it lacks a lot of things and seriously needs a 2021 update..

Back