What's new
Revillution - Your Portal to Video Game and Content Creation Entertainment | Gaming Forums

You are currently viewing as a Guest! Why not take a moment to Register an account & log in to gain the full browsing experience. Members get access to a private inbox, ability to post messages on the forums, add their stream to the stream showcase, add images & videos to the gallery & much more.

Making Money From Game Content

468 x 60 Advertising

Nomad

RevBux
$552
You can blog or vlog on gaming niche to make money from game content. While vlogging is free, blogging costs money. YOu can start a youtube channel, open a tiktok account, facebook page or twitch account and start sharing gaming videos to make money, however, in order to blog, you need to spend money on domain and hosting. Have you tried to monetize your game content, what's your experience like?

So I can tell you from my experience blogging, it is not as difficult to monetize your gaming vlog/vlog than uploading videos/live streaming via one of the major platforms like Youtube, Twitch, and or TikTok. This is because, more often than not, you really don't start making any decent amount of money until you get into one of the various different "Partner" or "Affiliate" (examples being: YPP: Youtube Partner Program, Twitch Affiliate/Partner, TikTok Next/Creator Fund, just to name a few!) Youtube and Twitch don't pay you for the ads they run on your stream/video uploads until you qualify for their respective programs, same with TikTok. This doesn't mean you can't do things like Affiliate links, Branding/Sponsorship deals (which are extremely hard to obtain if you're NOT in one of the programs).

With a vlog/blog, no programs are required, just a little harder to get traffic than say a LARGE platform like Twitch and Youtube, but outside of that, you are the one that controls everything, not the platform. You do have some upfront costs, but you can argue there are costs on the video content too, like high end gaming hardware, webcam/cameras, highspeed internet, etc. In comparison, the costs with blogging is FAR LESS than getting equipped with quality creating, streaming and editing hardware.

Thats just my experience and outlook on the subject. Hope I was helpful!

PS: This was my FIRST POST in this community, I just found you all last week! So ummm, Hi! 👋:LOL:

I have tried to monetize my gaming content and I have been somewhat successful in it but it wasn't enough for me to keep doing it full time unfortunately. I have Twitch Affiliate at the moment and I would like to also get YouTube partner at some point as well which I am hoping to work my way towards this year. I was also a content creator on Trovo where I was able to earn a monthly amount on there as long as I hit certain watch hours which has now changed to Trovo Points. It is very much possible to make money from game content but it does take a lot of time, patience and work.

You don't have to spend money on blogging. You can set up a blog for free using Blogger, WordPress. You can also offer to write for established sites like Cracked or Medium, or write for other people's blogs. The amount of effort to get paid blogging is way less than video content. It's also way cheaper when video content requires hardware like a webcam or phone.

The niche of video games on YouTube or Twitch is quite lucrative, but for that, you will need more than just recording yourself playing video games, you need to have a lot of charisma and a personality that hooks the audience, I would say that it is the niche that has generated the most money for content creators in general, although I can't say for sure.

Back