• Total voters

Shortie

Smokey's Baby Girl <3
Administrator
RevBux
$719
Epic Creator Code
Shortie861
What are your thoughts between shorter streams and longer streams? I all too often see people doing huge streams daily, sometimes 12 or more hours with no incentive to do those hours, it's just something they do on the daily and often end up burned out way too quickly.

I myself don't mind doing around 6 hours, 5 days a week but if I am not feeling up to it I will either lower it slightly or just take the break. Doing longer streams with an incentive such as stream-a-thon and giveaways every so often doesn't seem to bad if they are done once every so often and you prepare for them.

Do longer streams help you or do they just make things more difficult, especially when done so frequently?

Akara

Partner
Partner
RevBux
$412
Over 6 years of creating content, longer streams have done nothing necessarily for my growth. All they have done was burn me out quicker and give me the potential to bring down my numbers (more often than not it did bring down my numbers).
I personally keep to 3-4 hours per stream 3x weekly. It's helped me manage my time, prevent burnout and give myself the time to create content outside of streaming.

2TonWaffle

Partner
Partner
RevBux
$936
I prefer shorter streams as with longer streams, you'll get to a point where your viewership during it is lower than the first 3 or 4 hours. Plus, shorter streams gives you more time to do things off platform to further your reach to bring in new viewers.

Scoo0b

Verified
RevBux
$45
I will stream 3-4 times a week and then use a day or two to create clips and other content from the content I streamed. This then allows me to push it other places and promote myself. Long streams are pointless unless it's something that you have a goal of doing like say the launch of a new season of game, or a new game launch in general. Unless you have the community to back you on a longer stream, doing shorter ones in my opinion and then focusing on that content to be used elsewhere is more important.

You gotta look at like this: You are in a strip mall with thousands of others selling the same exact thing, sure you can be open for 12 hours, but how many people are gonna wonder into your shop? Why not focus the time on making some really kick ass advertisements and getting people to see you that way, then when you are open, the people will come in cause they know that the shop time is limited and unless they wanna miss something and hope it's a clip, they need to be there for it in person.

ShadowZia

Shadow Lair
Partner
RevBux
$293
It all depends sometimes If I get into a real awesome story mode game or rpg story driven time just flies. But normally I think a 5-8 on off base reasonable for me.

Fait

RevBux
$157
I use to have a few friends that streamed and I say longer, unfortunately I’m not friends with them anymore and it hasn’t been easy to deal with so I don’t use twitch anymore though well as of now anyways.

Maeka

Verified
RevBux
$138
I used to stream about 4-5 hours a day 5 days a week and sometimes weekends and I got burned out after a few years of it. After my year and a half break from streaming I decided my schedule is only going to be 2 days a week for about 3-4 hours a day and then whenever I feel like going live during the week, I'll just do it.

DragynsLair

Friendly Face
Verified
RevBux
$79
When doing a stream, I prefer a few streams a week around 4 hours a stream (give or take)
When watching a stream, I prefer things in the 6 hour range. I listen to two or three streams at a time that serve to keep me company while working.