What's new
Revillution - Your Portal to Video Game and Content Creation Entertainment | Gaming Forums

You are currently viewing as a Guest! Why not take a moment to Register an account & log in to gain the full browsing experience. Members get access to a private inbox, ability to post messages on the forums, add their stream to the stream showcase, add images & videos to the gallery & much more.

Laptop or desktop?

Laptop or desktop?

• Desktop

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Laptop

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Both

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
468 x 60 Advertising
I prefer both if I am honest. I used to be strictly laptop only but since getting a new desktop just over a year ago now, I much prefer to be sat at my desk doing things I need to do and then using my laptop for when I am doing things around the house or even when I am in bed.

I prefer Desktop as it is more comfortable in typing and browsing. And the small screen in the laptop always put me off

Laptop for me, since I need the portability that it provides.

My vote is neither... but only because I replaced my laptop with a tablet for graphical stuff and a wearable computer for writing and coding and stuff.
for gaming though, desktop all the way.

I prefer desktops. They have more raw power, and it's just much more comfortable to use a desktop for me. I do have a laptop, though, and I use it quite often as well. They both have their benefits, but desktops are definitely better for gaming.

Because of how my setup is, i'm confined to a laptop, so I got a pretty beefy gaming laptop that performs closer to a desktop. :)

Yeah, there are some laptops that can handle gaming, but you tend to pay a premium for it! I know that for some people, though, a laptop is just far more feasible than a desktop that can take up quite a bit of space.

I haven't had a desktop in years. Since I switched to a lap top never looked back.

I like the portability. Though funny enough I rarely move it off my desk.

It still makes sense to have a laptop on a desk in some cases since they take up far less space than desktops. Some people also find them more comfortable to use. It's more a matter of preference than anything.

Both desktops and laptops have their drawbacks and benefits. My preference would have to be Laptops. Laptops are not fixed to one location and can be moved around freely. I like the portability benefit.

I honestly prefer the Desktop. My husband uses the Laptop for his own use but he doesn’t get on the computer too much. What’s to like? The Desktop has a bigger screen, it’s on a desk (lol) so it’s easier on the body where you aren’t just slouching on the couch or bed. I can’t imagine using that small keyboard to type. I use an ergonomic keyboard & mouse otherwise my wrists will be hurting. Same too with a tiny cell phone. We do however take our Laptop when we are visiting my parents if we need to keep tabs on something. Easier than using my mom's Desktop.

I'd be the first to say that a desktop is better for most people. Due to the simple more performance for less cost, plus the whole easier to repair and such. But I use a laptop as 50% of the time I'm gaming or working on my business away from home.

I laptops because it is mobile. Sometimes if I am going to a place I know will take my time I will carry my laptop and work when I have the chance. I don’t have that kind of luxury with desktop.

Back