What's new
Revillution - Your Portal to Video Game and Content Creation Entertainment | Gaming Forums

You are currently viewing as a Guest! Why not take a moment to Register an account & log in to gain the full browsing experience. Members get access to a private inbox, ability to post messages on the forums, add their stream to the stream showcase, add images & videos to the gallery & much more.

Google officially ending Stadia

468 x 60 Advertising
Google has officially confirmed that Stadia is coming to an end. You can expect it to close January 18th, 2023.

Google plans to issue refunds to anyone who purchased any Stadia hardware through the Google Store alongside games and addons. The refunds will be expected to be issued come mid January. You can check out their Stadia FAQ by visiting this link

From their official blog:

“A few years ago, we also launched a consumer gaming service, Stadia. And while Stadia’s approach to streaming games for consumers was built on a strong technology foundation, it hasn’t gained the traction with users that we expected so we’ve made the difficult decision to begin winding down our Stadia streaming service.” Employees on the Stadia team will be distributed to other parts of the company.

Source: Google blog

I never used Stadia, I was not interested in Stadia at all. Google is shutting down stadia in January 2023. Google has a lot of products that completely failed, the biggest failure after Stadia is Google Plus, Facebook-like social media. I never heard of a lot of Google products until they were shut down.

Google Gmail seems to be doing okay. Something like a billion users. Google+ was pretty cool. I don't use FB. lol

Back