What's new
Revillution - Your Portal to Video Game and Content Creation Entertainment | Gaming Forums

You are currently viewing as a Guest! Why not take a moment to Register an account & log in to gain the full browsing experience. Members get access to a private inbox, ability to post messages on the forums, add their stream to the stream showcase, add images & videos to the gallery & much more.

Gone to war with another site?

468 x 60 Advertising

Demon_skeith

RevBux
$21
Have you ever gone to war with another site? As in attacking another site for what they may have done to your own?

No! Life's too short to be doing anything like that...

When i first started making websites, I had another site that blatantly tried to copy mine down to a T, to the point where they were even trying to get my staff to jump ship and steal my theme. Needless to say, we won out and they gave up and closed up shop after a few months, the site in question that I ran, lasted from 2002 to mid 2007.

When i first started making websites, I had another site that blatantly tried to copy mine down to a T, to the point where they were even trying to get my staff to jump ship and steal my theme. Needless to say, we won out and they gave up and closed up shop after a few months, the site in question that I ran, lasted from 2002 to mid 2007.
Wow, that's nasty :( . Though, in that situation, I wouldn't say you were 'attacking them': just defending yourself :p .

Glad you won out in the end, though :) .

Yeah, my crew back then was pretty loyal, we were all good friends from a previous community ( GameShark) and the funny thing was, we all had forums we either ran or help run, all hosted under the same umbrella/by the same guy, so when this happened, everyone rallied around my place and we won out. :) Even my host at the time started advertising my site on his, a bit larger than the other sites he hosted at the time. to get a point across. :p Man, I miss those days. :p

For my most important one, the drum lesson one - no. There simply isn't any similar site on Forum Promotion (a popular place to battle). Well, actually the user Grungie had one way back - but he's never online anymore. Anyway, it didn't have lessons, only music discussion.

I have never gone up against another site although I have gone up against another webmaster who thought it was a good idea to steal some content and ideas directly from my site

I am assuming what being said here is about DDoSing/DoSing or otherwise botting each other. That's never a sane idea.

Report, contain and prevent and move on. As a result it will earn you fewer suspensions, terminations and trips to the local jail if not prison.

They need to pay you some money to get the same idea built or copyrights of the owner to make everything fair.

Back