What's new
Revillution - Your Portal to Video Game and Content Creation Entertainment | Gaming Forums

You are currently viewing as a Guest! Why not take a moment to Register an account & log in to gain the full browsing experience. Members get access to a private inbox, ability to post messages on the forums, add their stream to the stream showcase, add images & videos to the gallery & much more.

Gaming is an expensive hobby!

468 x 60 Advertising

Smokey

Founder
Administrator
RevBux
$1,441
So it's E3 week and everyone and their mother has sales going on right now! Always when I don't have the funds to buy ALL the games I wanna pick up on sale. :p

Am I the only one that has this issue? Games you've been wanting going on sale when you're still waiting for pay day?

In my case it's not because I'm awaiting a pay day, but because I'm always flat broke. Up until now, the only income in my house was my dad's disability, and New Jersey is an annoyingly expensive place to live. I have SSI now, but I have a lot of money to save up for two trips this year, so even now that things I want are on sale, I can't necessarily afford them ;-; I did take part in a major Spring sale on Steam for all my comic program's DLC though! Oops.

We just have to play the cards we're drawn. And prioritize. Sadly, for me, the trips are my priority. But sometimes games are my priority too- like how I always spend my birthday money on games, usually. :'D

I hear ya there. I got rid of a few things I no longer found necessary in order to help pay for the hosting and Xenforo license used here. :)

I plan on rolling out an affordable "Premium" membership for Gamer Reloaded with some extra perks for users, to help gain some revenue and offset the hosting cost. :) Which isn't entirely expensive but yeah.

One way to lower the cost is to buy used. Also, maybe gaming download sites have cheap deals - or maybe there's some download site that's totally cheap.

Anyway, I seriously wouldn't want to buy new - unless it was something awesome - like some Mario or Donkey Kong related game.

I think that many games that I want to buy are very expensive and I find myself waiting around for a while for them to ever be reduced. One game for me was Football Manager 2020, that is more expensive than FIFA, which I already was hesitant to splash my cash for. You can look to download websites and such for cheap steam codes, but that can become more costly if you pay for a fake.

One way to lower the cost is to buy used. Also, maybe gaming download sites have cheap deals - or maybe there's some download site that's totally cheap.

Anyway, I seriously wouldn't want to buy new - unless it was something awesome - like some Mario or Donkey Kong related game.
I have been known to purchase games through used stores like Cash Converters and CEX. The latter is generally very reliable and they conduct testing on the games before accepting trades.

You're not the only one in the same boat, it's an expensive hobby to, have, too. Waiting a while after launch, you'll find the prices drastically start to fall. Consider buying used games too. Usually, they are in perfect working condition and they are available to buy in-store or through online websites, for example, eBay. It all helps you save and expand your collection and make your favourite hobby a little less costly.

True indeed. I was very excited about Elden Ring, however, when the game was out, I could not buy it because of the price. Currently, I have received a deal of two games Elden Ring and God of war Ragnoark for just $100, however, I cannot buy these games even though I very much want to play these games. Even when you have money to buy games, you cannot play all games you want because of time limitation.

Back