What's new
Revillution - Your portal to entertainment!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, promote your site and/or stream, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Click here to register today!

Criticism of Country and New Country

jyy

A lot of the older listeners have a problem with the new stuff - claiming it's just "country pop" - not real country. However, opponents claim that it's just a bunch of old geezers who want to force youngsters to listen to "Grandpa's Country". I mean, come on, are we supposed to also force people to listen to Elvis? :D

Now, another criticism of country and this can sometimes also be applied to the old stuff - is the fact that a lot of it is either sappy or obsessed with "beer, women and trucks", lol. Now, myself, I have to admit, there is a lot of truth to that stereotype. In fact, it's especially bad - when the songs truly, to the pit of your heart - SUCK, along with being sappy or about B.W.T. ;)

Jackal

I love country. I just really hate snap and clap beats in country.

jyy

Honestly, I don't think it should be called country - maybe a new name (progressive country or something). However, the reality is that old country has been labeled "classic country" - and that's not accurate!