What's new
Revillution - Your Portal to Video Game and Content Creation Entertainment | Gaming Forums

You are currently viewing as a Guest! Why not take a moment to Register an account & log in to gain the full browsing experience. Members get access to a private inbox, ability to post messages on the forums, add their stream to the stream showcase, add images & videos to the gallery & much more.

468 x 60 Advertising

Smokey

Founder
Administrator
RevBux
$1,532
Last week, I treated myself to the Asus RoG Ally handheld PC. It was on sale for the Z1 Extreme variant $100 off, so it came in at the same price as the normal Z1 variant at $599. The NvME SSDs for it were also on sale so I got a 2TB SSD for $140. So for the price of the Ally normally i got a 2TB SSD upgrade. So a week later. I'm really happy with it!

I picked up a few new games on steam including CYberpunk 2077 + DLC, RE2 & RE3 Remake. These games run well for what the device is. I'm really happy with it and plan on loading up a bunch of emulators soon. We'll also be putting out a full review in a couple weeks.

Testing out what operating level works best for what games such as performance mode, turbo mode, etc. Battery life.....I can get anywhere from 1 hour 30 mins to 2 hours 40-50 minutes depending on what game is being played. Not the best in battery life but it's not much different from a regular gaming laptop on battery. I would recommend picking up a battery bank for the Ally as well as a carrying case and screen protector. These 3 items are my next purchases for it.

It feels super comfortable for me since I'm a fan of the Xbox controller, and can we talk about how game pass AND Steam use cloud saving so I can start a game on my PC or Xbox and then continue where I left off on my Ally and vice versa? If you're on the fence about the Ally. I would recommend checking it out at your local best buy. Now with the Legion Go out, i'm not sure if it's better or worse but I would check both out and make an educated decision for what is best for you.

What do you think about the ROG Ally? Do you own one? How are you liking yours?

Last edited:
Back