What's new
Revillution - Your Portal to Video Game and Content Creation Entertainment | Gaming Forums

You are currently viewing as a Guest! Why not take a moment to Register an account & log in to gain the full browsing experience. Members get access to a private inbox, ability to post messages on the forums, add their stream to the stream showcase, add images & videos to the gallery & much more.

3 classic Grand Theft Auto remasters reportedly being developed by Take-Two

468 x 60 Advertising
For years fans of the believed "PS2 Trilogy" of Grand Theft Auto titles have been begging for remakes or remasters of these classics for modern consoles with modern quality of life improvements. Fans have been attempting this on their own for years now but now it seems Take-Two is stepping in and shutting down these fanmade remaster projects which has stirred up questions and discussions that perhaps Take Two/Rockstar Games may be making their own remasters for these games.

It could be that Take Two is just trying to protect their IP's but it seems a bit odd with the timing. It's known that Grand Theft Auto 6 won't be releasing any time soon and it's been nearly 10 years since we've got a new Grand Theft Auto title. It's a bit of a drought for Rockstar to not release anything this long.

A recent re-release from the company was the Mafia: Definitive Edition in September 2020, and they’re also porting Grand Theft Auto V, the most recent entry in the franchise, to both Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 in November of this year. However, we aren't counting GTAV's 3rd re-release as a 'new' title. or even a true 'remaster' because, it technically isn't. In addition to GTA5 being released on current-gen hardware in November, GTA Online is also apparently getting a standalone release.

A few developers have said more remasters were coming after the release of Mafia Definitive Edition. This was stated sometime last year in an interview.

This begs the question, do you think remasters of GTA 3, Vice City or San Andreas are in the works?

Smokey

Smokey

Founder/CEO
While I loved the older GTA games, I do feel like remastering the old games will just make newer GTA games that aren't as feature packed as the current one. Perhaps it is due to me never getting drawn into the story of those games, but I can't see myself really dedicating time to them when I can just play a better GTA. The older graphic style of Vice City and such would be nice, but I can't see that holding my attention very long.

While I loved the older GTA games, I do feel like remastering the old games will just make newer GTA games that aren't as feature packed as the current one. Perhaps it is due to me never getting drawn into the story of those games, but I can't see myself really dedicating time to them when I can just play a better GTA. The older graphic style of Vice City and such would be nice, but I can't see that holding my attention very long.
apparently the remaster will be done on at least unreal engine 3 so they can look pretty good personally i think it should be done with the gta 5 engine and bring them up to par graphically and gameplay wise

apparently the remaster will be done on at least unreal engine 3 so they can look pretty good personally i think it should be done with the gta 5 engine and bring them up to par graphically and gameplay wise
That is true, the new remasters are being done via Unreal engine. Really hyped for this release.

Back