Thoughts on PewDiePie saying the N word

Shortie861 Sep 13, 2017

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Smokey's Baby Girl

Name:
    Nikki
    There has been huge uproar after PewDiePie said the N word during a live stream on Sunday whilst playing a game.

From watching the video you can tell that PewDiePie said the word in the heat of the moment and meant nothing by the word he used, it just seems that things were taken too far by some people and it's caused huge uproar.

You can see the video below (warning, bad language ahead!)

PewDiePie has since issued an apology saying that he was an idiot and should have known better, you can view the apology below

What are your thoughts on PewDiePie's use of the N word? Do you think it was too far or is it a mistake taken out of context?

2. Samatau_

Samatau_ Active Member

It's never a 'mistake'- he's clearly in the habit of saying it ANYWAY for it to just 'slip out'

He's filth for it.

3. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear

Name:
    Anthony
    I think people are making a big deal over nothing, really. It's a word, if a 'word' offends you, you need more help than most will care to give you. That's the problem with society today, everyone gets offended and triggered over stupid nonsense. Should he have said it? Probably not, but move on and get over it. It's like the creator of that stupid game Battlegrounds making a big deal over it. "Oh we don't want you playing our game anymore cuz you used the N-word while playing our game." Please, it's like children arguing in the playground at school.

One youtuber says a word and everyone gets triggered like he murdered their first born child. :/

4. Samatau_

Samatau_ Active Member

With respect, Smokey...It's a very loaded word with a VAST and awful historical context. It's not the word, it's the weight the word carries.
    His flippant use of it shows just how ignorant he is to the plight of others past and present, and also the fact that he simply does not give enough of a shit to care regardless...White privilege is still strong, I guess...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  5. thebesofthebest

thebesofthebest Member

Name:
    Matthew Morgan
    Someone who says “nigger” generally has no meaning or motive behind it (as per the pewdiepie thing) thus, it does not physically affect people at all (same as calling white people “crackers”), people need to learn to stop being so offended by words.

I mean, how do these survive in the real world if they cannot even cope with hearing some “naughty” words.

6. Samatau_

Samatau_ Active Member

^ You truly seem as ignorant as those who say the N-word 'without meaning'. *sigh*

Do you make holocaust jokes about the 'K-words' too?

7. thebesofthebest

thebesofthebest Member

Name:
    Matthew Morgan
    What is the K-word?

Every race,sex and religion has gone though hell and back though history.

I am a huge libertarian who thinks that people should be allowed to say what they like and be judged by other based on their word. I am not left or right wing as I would never associate myself with hypocrites.

With how Pewdiepie acts, I would never vote for him in any election as he has shown himself to be incapable of thinking ahead at all.